[Advaita-l] asat & asatya / sat & satya

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 21 05:59:20 EDT 2019

"differentiated the meaning of sat and satya and asat and asatya etc.  Would anyone let me know these differences in shankara bhAshya"

I don't know what is written about these words in shanakrabhasya, but how ever, with my understanding, I would like to differentiate with my experience.

Sat is Dhatu /or  Sabda, Satya / Satyam  is the " True thing"( which never changes irrespective of time) , e.g Sun rises in the east or dusks in west, These hard core facts never changes and no need of any proof to prove its nature.

TRUTH i.e SATYAM CAN BE KNOWN TO THE INDIVIDUAL SELF IN CONCIOUNESS AND CAN'T BE CHANGES AT ALL.

Once Mr. Rayan Armstrong, who is out list member having sound knowledge in advaita/avidya/guru conept wrote to me about this in detail, I will find out that few line or we can get it that in any of previous e-mails of some discussion on GURU only.

Then comming to Asat or asatya, it is also the same or oppostie to the otherwise having few exemptions.

Asat is dhatu & ASTYAM (Flase) is which varies from person to person based on their perceptions. It is not the belief but one can speak ASTYAM (not speaking satyam)  in emergency situations where decissions are not happening / or obstructing the first aid process in order to save the life's , woman varginity matters, in the protection of the king of the government & SELF-Defence where the iindivual is at risk which  is told by sage sukracharya to Balichakravarthi during his encounter for 3 foot land with Vatuka Vamaa.

The same Astyam can be different at different places which is corrected or modified some times to get the materialistic  benefits of the vested interests of the people.

TRUTH can't be changed, but FALSE Can be modified easily.

This is my understanding, how ever, I would like to see your comments/opinion/views of the learned in this thread.

Sri GURU Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara