[Advaita-l] asat & asatya / sat & satya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:40:51 EDT 2019

Hari Om Bhaskar ji,

As per Swamiji, the definition of satya and asatya ( = anrita) is as per
Taittiriya -- सत्यमिति यद्रूपेण यन्निश्चितं तद्रूपं न व्यभिचरति, तत्सत्यम्
। यद्रूपेण यन्निश्चितं तद्रूपं व्यभिचरति, तदनृतमित्युच्यते. In short, satya
is unchangeable while  asatya is changeable.

Both satya and asatya is sat. Swamiji has not quoted bhAshya for the
definition of Sat but it can be taken from Gita 2.16.

Asat, as per Swamiji, is here's horn, non-existence. Again he has not
quoted any bhashya vakya for asat.

Sudhanshu.

On Wed 21 Aug, 2019, 14:40 Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <