[Advaita-l] Agamas and Advaita

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 01:36:55 EST 2019

Namaste
Anyone can twist any text to fit into any philosophy if they are not
following Meemaamsa rules. Advaitic texts can be twisted to fit Dvaita say
Aham Brahmasmi to I am like Brahman and so on. The ISKCON people have no
respect for Meemaamsa and condemn Vaidikas saying they are interested only
in rituals.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 11:57 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 9:57 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <
>
> > Namaste Subbu ji
> > Is the brahmasamhitA referenced by Ved. Br. Sri D.Subbaramayya in the
> image
> > pages, from the eponymous text which is *the* canonical text for the Hare
> > Krishna-s (gauDIya vaiShNava)? It is said that Sri Chaitanya went
> virtually
> > incognito on a three year tour of Southern India during which he came
> > across the Brahma samhitA (possibly at some city on the banks of the
> > Godavari in Andhra desha.) He found his preferred doctrine of
> > acintya-bhedAbheda laid out in that text and adopted it's tenets.
> >
> > If it is indeed the same brahmasamhitA, it's incredible that such starkly
> > advaitic verses are indeed there in that text which is dear to ISKCONites
> > and others..
> >

> Dear Raghav ji,
>
> I am not aware of the Gaudiya-Brahmasamhita connecton, bond.  Yet, despite
> such statements, the Gaudapada Karika 'advaitam paramartho hi dvaitam tad
> bheda uchyate'  'maayaamaatram idam dvaitam...' kind of verses can be
> interpreted as 'dvaita is uncertain knowledge and advaita is certain
> knowledge'.   'Aham Brahma..' can become 'aheyam....'   Not sure if
> Gaudiyas too resort to such bizarre interpretations :-)
>
> regards
> subbu

-Venkatesh