[Advaita-l] MOKSHA or MUKTI

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 11 10:54:55 EST 2019

 Dear Sri Bhaskarji,The Katha mantra number 1-1-10 should read as 2-1-10.The error is regretted.
Wth respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy

    On Monday, 11 February, 2019, 7:41:26 pm IST, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

  Dear  Sri Bhaskarji,  Sri Shankara , in  his  commentary  to  mantra  1-1-10
  of Kathopanishad  writes  thus :"vijnAnaikarasaM   nairantaryENa   AkASavat
 parupUrNaM   brahmaivAhamasmi" iti manyEt||In  the  light  of  the  above  teaching  of  Sri Shankarawill any  of  the  concepts  as  enumerated  in  the  last
paragraph  of  your  posting  hold  any  water?Any  one  who  has  clearly  understood  and  realizedthe  true  import  of  the  above  quoted  teaching  ofSri  Shankara  will never  make  such  erroneous
statements.  Because of  the  ignorance  of  the  factthat  Jnani  is Atman / Brahman  only  and  never an entity or an  individual  isthe  sole  reason  for  such  misconceptions.Bhagavan Ramana  says :" There  is  no  jnani, but  only  Jnana".What  does  it  mean?
With respectful  namankars,Sreenivasa Murthy

    On Monday, 11 February, 2019, 1:52:48 pm IST, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 praNAms
Hare Krishna

The inquiry into the SELF can be over in a jiffy if the person is one hundred percent 'sadhana chatushTya samppanna'. Not even nine times as happened to Shwetaketu. If not the 'knowledge' will remain as a scholarship until with enough 'mananam' and 'nidhidhyasanam', the clutter is cleared and the student clearly remembers and understands the words spoken to him earlier in 'shravaNam' by his Guru who is a 'shrotRiya Brahma nishTa'.

>  and arjuna needed around 16 and half chapters more than 600 shloka-s from veda purusha himself  to finally declare nashtO mOha smutir labhdvA 😊 And to teach us it is a gradual process, there is multiple investigation in taitireeya, varuNam pitaramupasatAra adheehi bhagavO brahmeti 😊 Yes, some uttama adhikAri-s on account of pUrva janma saMskAra may get this knowledge like a flash as in the case of ramaNa maharshi....but maNda and madhyama adhikAri-s need continuous mananaM and nidhidhyAsanaM.

It's like some jokes will not hit us immediately when spoken but might impact us later and then a smile will break on the lips. And whether one is  a 'jIvan muktha', only the person will know ! As 'jnAnis' (jIvam mukthas) one is different from another owing to the 'lesa pRArabdhas', 'vasAnAs' etc that is keeping their 'BMI' until the momentum of 'pRArabdhm' spin is over and the person is a 'videha muktha'.

>  Yes, by accepting this scenario post-jnAna period, we are invariably accepting the upa-siddhAnta like even after brahma jnana there is an individuality to jnAni, there is separate set of BMI to different jnAni-s, there is separate deposit of avidyA lesha / prArabdha karma to each and every jnAni and there is a separate status than can be achieved ONLY after shedding the body of the jnAni which cannot be achieved when he is in the physical body.  And as a result we are accepting that there is srushti, there is upAdhi, there is karma and there is karma phala to the individual jnAni-s ever after their realization that they are indeed ONE without Second.  Am I right in this way of thinking??  Kindly note I am not talking about vyavahArika satya of some ajnAni-s who still see the jnAni and his vyavahAra I am talking about the conception which clearly states the post jnana status of an individual jnAni and his personal belongings like individual set of upAdhi-s and his own prArabdha karma and residue of avidyA.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
Bhaskar

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org