[Advaita-l] REFERENCES FROM VARIOUS PURANAS, UPANISHADS, SASTRAS WHERE VISHNU, RAMA, KRISHNA DON BHASMA TRIPUNDRA AND VISHNU IS A PARAMA SHIVA BHAKTA

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:52:24 EST 2019

Namaste Sri.Raghavaji,

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 12:08 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> And so advaitic members on this list seem to labour this point and assert
> that this jagatkAraNam which is a cetana-tattvaM can be invoked in an altar
> in the form of a lingam as much as a shAlagrAmam.  Veda and Agama endorse
> worship of jagatkAraNam with bilva leaves too. (Is it just me or do most
> people feel  that...it is despairing to see Indian dualists even in the
> 21st century (with so much information about other world nations and
> traditions known to all), continue to argue with Non-dualists that worship
> of the Creator in a particular way with Ocimum sanctum leaves is right
> while worship of jagatkAraNam with Aegle marmelos leaves is a sin.)

Probably I was not explicit in my earlier posting. Dvaitins are not against
worshiping Shiva/Rudra. In fact, dvaitins do worship. There are ton of
haridaasa kirthan-s on Mahadeva.

I am not against you worshiping Shiva with bilwa patra-s. As per vEdic
pramANa, we do accept 'sarva dEva namaskaaraH kEShavaM pratigachchati' . It
is a fact that your pUja reaches Keshava with or without you aware of it.
There is no prayOjana in being ill-mouth on us and equating duelists with
Christians/Muslims.

Peace.

/sv