[Advaita-l] On virATa

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 03:52:07 EDT 2019

Namaste,
Summarizing my understanding of virATa and related topics.
Adi-puruSha or simply puruSha (of puruSha sUkta) is continuously active in incremental creation, sustenance, and incremental destruction/ transformation of the world we live in.
Let us call the raw material that puruSha works on as the unmanifest.
>From this unmanifest, with active involvement from puruSha, special ingredients (tattva-s) useful for life keep getting formed. This collection ofspecial tattva-s is called visheSha.  - the remanding raw material is termed sheSha
The ruler of this visheSha is virATa/ virAja (in puruSha sUkta)
adhi puruSha (in puruSha sUkta) operates on this pool of visheSha, and createsspecial beings in the creation like trimUrti-s, deva-s, gandharva-s, humans ...
puruSha == kAraNodaka shayi puruSha ==  kAraNodaka shayi viShNuadhi puruSha == garbhodaka shayi puruSha == garbhodaka shayi viShNuviShNu from trimUrti == kShirodaka shayi puruSha == kShirodaka shayi viShNu
Hari om.
Regards,Shrinivas Gadkari