[Advaita-l] Brindavanam of Vyasaraya Mutt desecrated by hooligans - urge strict action

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 10:18:16 EDT 2019

Namaste

I have signed the petition. In Hampi I visited the ruined temples few years
back. Everywhere the temples and idols have been destroyed. It is really
bad it is happening even today.

In Viroopaksha temple in Hampi there is a Varaha symbol on the entrance.
The guide told us the Varaha Symbol saved the Viroopaksha temple because
the Muslim invaders thought it is a pig and they did not want to go near
it. They avoid  pigs. There is no damage to Viroopaksha temple and Pooja is
going on everyday even today. In the evening they have special Pooja ticket.

Lord Varaha saved Lord Viroopaksha.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM Venkata sriram P via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> A very disturbing news. Pls sign the petition

> https://www.change.org/p/karnataka-government-justice-for-vyasaraya-mutt-vrundvana-destroyed-by-thieves-should-be-arrested-and-punished

> rgs,
> sriram

-Venkatesh