[Advaita-l] Shankara's opinion about Sannyasa for a Kshatriya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 5 06:11:47 EDT 2019

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu Shekhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

  1.  //BTW, justification like this cannot be said in the case of vyAkhyAnakAra-s works  as they have differed drastically from mUla bhAshya.// ☺️ Are you sure ? What appears as "drastic difference" to you in the case of vyakhyanakara may be mere "elaboration" of the crisp mula in view of others.

  *   Oh yes, infact that is the most popular view point with regard to the difference though vyakhyAnakAra-s themselves pitting each other in their works with below belt comments 😊 And the latest terminology introduced to patch up this differences is ‘prakriya bheda’, all roads are well and good as long as it leads to Rome…so says these experts.  Well they have every right to have their own defenses who are we  to question it ??

  1.  The basic problem is the fitting in of vidvat-sanyasa in the sequence mentioned in Gita Bhashya 5.12.
      >   The sequence mentioned there is sAdhana mArga but the vidvat sannyasa is artha siddha or natural state of mukta it happens automatically and naturally since there is an abhAva of kartrutva.  So, IMHO, no need to fit the mOkshAvastha in the sequence of sAdhana mArga since it is not at all an injunction during the post period of mOksha.  It can be termed as ‘shrouta sanyAsa’ which automatically happens in jnAnanishTa.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar