[Advaita-l] Shankara's opinion about Sannyasa for a Kshatriya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 09:33:01 EDT 2019

Hare Krishna,

   - Under these circumstances if we still attribute rAga-dvesha, upAdhi
   parichinna rUpa to the jnAni not from the ajnAni’s vyAvahArik point of view
   but as the real status of the jnAni in post mOksha period then no doubt we
   are travelling too far and too fast from the Upanishad dictum i.e.
   brahmaveda brahmaiva bhavati.

Let us be a little careful here. There is a buddhi B1 with which a person
P1 identifies with. Let there be a buddhi B2 with which another person P2
identifies with. Both P1 and P2 are ajnani. Both identify with their
respective buddhi and both have raga-dvesha etc viparita-pratyaya in B1 and
B2.

Now let's say P1 attains moksha while P2 does not. The factum of attainment
of Moksha by P1 does nothing to B1. It exists as before. However, the
viparita-pratyaya occurring earlier in B1 are now replaced by
samyak-pratyaya. B2 as before keeps on having viparita-pratyaya and never
gets samyak-pratyaya.

Now, the simple question is -- whether B1 will ever get raga-dvesha-etc
viparita-pratyaya in the post-Moksha period. Let us leave all nirupadhika,
"in the eyes of ajnani", uapdhi-parichchinna-rupa etc. These are technical
terms and they often do not convey the intention. Simple question is --
whether B1 will have raga-dvesha-etc viparita-pratyaya in the post-Moksha
period.

Sudhanshu.