[Advaita-l] Shankara's opinion about Sannyasa for a Kshatriya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 00:39:49 EDT 2019

Namaste

Long time back we had the discussion how Diti convinced the Jnani Kashyapa
to unite with her during Sandhya Samaya in the evening hour. It is
prohibited in Sastras to unite with wife or any woman in the evening hour.
But Kashyapa did it even though he was a Jnani. Jnani can have desires like
us but what is the difference? He will quickly see it is all Maayaa and
come out of the illusion. Ajnani cannot do that. He will be bound in
illusion and cannot come out.

Another discussion also we had long time back Rama went  after the golden
deer. He was also temporarily bound in Maayaa and then he came out. The
Ajnani will be permanently in Maayaa till he gets Jnana. There is no
Seniority based promotion. A very old man can be Ajnani and a very young
boy can be a Jnani.

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:52 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <

-Venkatesh