[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a mere belief

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 12:12:36 EDT 2019

One more word regarding the eternality of the Veda. For us advaitins,
language (shabda) precedes the creation of the universe which is ultimately
understood as mithyA of course.  But initially, Advaita does accept this
language-based creation model of the universe or shabda-pUrvikA sRSHTi.
(BSB 1.3.28 )

 This is totally outside the belief framework of modern science which
refuses to accept the elephant in the room viz., the qualia of
consciousness and yet merrily go about using the same qualia as irreducible
raw data to form theories etc.