[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a mere belief

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 7 20:53:20 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,                 We have to see the time periods also to be taken into consideration before we makes any conclusion.
When we say that the Vedas are apaurusheya, are the words (and syllables) in the veda along with the swaras apaurusheya themselves or is the taatparya apaurusheya?

Veda's only Apaurusheya definitely not the Taatparya.
It is simply due to the fact, first you take the Satya yuga, the first 3 avatara's of vishnu i.e Matsya, Kurma & varaha. In all these there is mention, how the veda's are protected from demons which means veda's exists before the satya yuga and there is no time scale which we can tell that they belongs to this time.
The quote examples (e.g., Janaka)  by you are are from Tretayuga being the site's father.
The earliest accounts of Matsya as a fish-saviour equates him with the Vedic deity Prajapati. The fish-savior later merges with the identity of Brahma in post-Vedic era.

Apart from this, The earliest account of Kurma is found in the Shatapatha Brahmana (Yajur veda), where he is a form of Prajapati- Brahmma and helps with the Samudra Manthan  (churning of cosmic ocean).he Kurma avatar,  then transforms into Mohini  to seduce the demons. They all fall for her. They ask her to take the nectar, please be their wife and distribute it between them one by one. Mohini-Vishnu takes the pot of nectar and gives it to the gods, thus preventing evil from becoming eternal, and preserving the goodwhen the demon Hiranyaksha  tormented the earth and its inhabitants, Bhudeevi sinks into the oceanic waters ( due to absence of sun or some demonic activities) . Vishnu took the form of the Varaha, descended into the depths of the oceans to rescue her. Varaha slew the demon and retrieved the Earth and as well as the Veda's from the ocean, lifting her on his tusks, and restored Bhudevi to her place in the universe.

So I think Aapaureshya Veda's exsists before the time scale started.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara