[Advaita-l] Rudra Pasupathi Nayanar

Keshava Mahadeva keshava.mahadeva143 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:12:22 EDT 2019

Hi Sir,

I remember this where you have written an article on this.

https://adbhutam.wordpress.com/2019/01/12/vishnu-donning-the-bhasma-tripundra-meditates-on-shiva-harivamsha/

Just like Rudra Pasupathi Nayanar, Kannappa Nayanar also followed the steps
of Maha Vishnu.

He was ready to pluck both of his eyes out to prove his devotion to Parama
Shiva which Vishnu also did. This has been stated all over the Puranas,
Upanishads and Sastras.

*Harivamsha:*
yatra lebhe harishchakramupAsya bahubhirdinaiH ||3-84-11
puShkaraiH shatapatraishcha netreNa cha jagatpatim |
Hari (viShNu) obtained his chakra after serving the lord of the universe
(shiva) for many days, with blue lotuses and lotuses with hundred petals
and also with his eyes

Likewise, if we check all the stories of Nayanars and the things they did
to please Parama Shiva we will be able to find that would have been done by
Maha Vishnu in the Puranas.

Vishnu is the first Nayanar.