[Advaita-l] No Parinama in Brahman says Shankara Bhagavatpada

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jun 28 03:07:56 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Don’t you think there is an apriory acceptance of ‘change’ and we are talking about changelessness of something from it ?? Do you think shAstra / bhAshya erred somewhere in explaining this inexplicable changeless entity while pointing at change !!??    If we are seeing change as you said the space between pot – clay, it is parichinna drushti due to adhyAsa which is naisargika / svabhAvika (anAdirananto naisargikOdhyAsaH). And when you realize there is nothing apart from that, then what else would you have to see, question and hear??  Even if you have vAlAgramAtramapi assarvAtma drushti, it is called avidyA drushti warns bhAshyakAra.

And just wondering and asking :  do you think bhAshyakAra’s explanation is not sufficient to clear the doubt between change & changeless here in this bhAshya vAkya ??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Clay-pot requires space which is different from clay. Without that the drishtAnta does not work. upAdhi-drishti and svarUpa-drishti are not possible if there is singular changeless entity. How is upAdhi-drishti possible? And even if possible, upAdhi-drishti itself connoted change.

यदि हि नाम रूप न व्याक्रियेते.. But on the contrary, if there is manifestation of name-form, then changelessness is compromised.

Sudhanshu.