[Advaita-l] What If Time Is an Illusion?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 08:48:30 EST 2019

Chandramouliji - PraNAms
The mind is folded only means - the grosser aspect involving subject-object duality is folded. Hence the thoughts are folded - the gap between two sequential thoughts defines the time.
That is what sushupti or deep sleep state implies - the absence of subject-object duality - hence the ignorance - or akhanda aakaara ajnaana vRitti. That result in absence of suffering. Still, the mind is a very subtle form along with chidaabhaasa is there - to keep the body alive with all the physiological functions continuing.
The point is there is no time and space since it is related to the movement of thoughts.
I was criticizing the video that says about the Einstein's description of time and the conclusion is time is relative and depends on the observer. The question that was not posed is - about the observer. The observer has to be independent of the observation of the gap between the two successive events. In essence, he is beyond time - That is what sushupti implies - in a way beyond observed events. ahkandam aakaara implies the observation is eventful.

Hari Om!Sadananda