[Advaita-l] What If Time Is an Illusion?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 02:59:22 EDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:08 PM Ramesam Vemuri <vemuri.ramesam at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A humble submission in the context of explaining how the "Happiness" of
> Deep sleep is known to the Awake mind:
>
> Quote:
>
> The ‘happy-feel’ factor felt in the awake state is neither an experience
> nor a memory of what was actually there in that timeless and spaceless Deep
> sleep. What is experienced by the awake mind is the after-glow of the Deep
> sleep. The Happiness that was the Deep sleep leaves  Its footprint in the
> form of a totally  relaxed body-organism and this relaxation is stored in
> the form of tension-free muscles etc. On awaking from sleep, the mind
> senses this relaxed state and expresses it as “I had a sound sleep; I feel
> relaxed.”  The  after-glow  gets stored in the brain cells too. That is
> expressed by the awake mind as “I am refreshed.” As the day progresses, the
> body muscles accumulate tension and the brain cells accumulate toxins. Thus
> the awake mind does not any more sense that relaxed and refreshed feeling
> as the day goes on."
>
> ---- From:    https://www.advaita-vision.org/deep-sleep-in-direct-path/
>
> Quote ends.
>
>  Namaste.

 This may be ok at one level of understanding. A primafacie view. I am sure
there are dozens of such postulates proposed. But there could  be more
fundamental Principles involved which are revealed on a closer scrutiny.
When apples were falling, only Newton cameup with a Principle underlying
such happenings.  What is under discussion is some aspects of how advaita
sidhanta views the sushupti experience.