[Advaita-l] What If Time Is an Illusion?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 03:24:21 EDT 2019

Namaste Sri  Bhaskar Ji,

 Reg  <<  Recollection of sushupti experience  is NOT the experience
experienced in sushupti  per se but vAsana-s of that experience by
vaishvAnara ( Vishwa).  So, Vishwa, the waker, after termination of sleep,
just for few seconds  here recalling the vAsana-s (impressions) arising out
of brahmAnanda  in sushupti  >>,

Not necessarily in my view. Sushupti could well be followed by dream state
rather than waking state. So I would understand that sushupti is followed
by an interval when  mind is functional, but no other   vishaya vrittis
have arisen. Only the impressions(vAsanAs)  of the immediately preceding
BrahmAnanda experience persist. This is experienced by the mind through its
vritti. Triputi is present. This experience is what is recollected by
Vishwa on waking. Hence I prefer to understand that state as an extension
of sushupti itself.  Reminds of the  ** ubhayataH ** state mentioned in
Mandukya  verse 7.

 Reg  << And further,  apart from paNchadashi if any other bhAshya
reference which could come close to this conclusion may  kindly be shared
>>,

 I cannot recollect any offhand since I have not specifically looked for
it. I shall certainly revert back if I come across any.
Regards