[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 02:15:38 EDT 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 9:40 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>

> As Bhagavan Ramana has said regarding these kinds of classifications, the
> experience of the jnani is the same regardless: "There is no difference in
> the samadhi state or the jnana of the jnanis. The classification is only
> from the standpoint of the observer."
>
> >  But when it comes to jnAni's own prArabdha, avidyA lesha, his own
> rAga-dvesha, ramaNa's views such as above would not be considered as
> traditional one 😊

Here is what Bhagavan Ramana said when robbers visited the Ashram and even
beat him:

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=4636.0

//Some days later the police caught the thieves and brought them before Sri
Bhagavan, and an officer asked Him to identify the one who had beaten Him
on that night. Sri Bhagavan at once replied with a smile, 'Find out whom I
beat [in a previous birth], for it is he who has beaten me now!'. He never
denounced the criminal!//

This is what traditional Advaita would say about prarabdha karma for a
Jnani. Swami Vidyaranya has said this alone. It is not for the bystanders
to say this; it is the Jnani himself who says this.

regards
subbu