[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue May 7 08:28:00 EDT 2019

And interestingly it is more of a question of Physics than of Philosophy. Here is a claim that darkness is an object like table and chair and yet it is not made of fluctuations of quantum fields or the modifications thereof viz quarks and electrons but which comes into existence the moment you put off the light. And it comes forth directly from Mula-karana like lightning from clouds. झटिति.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The Big big terminologies in science always scare me 😊  What exactly is the definition of ‘darkness’ as per science ??  is it not absence of light?? Like temperature measured even in extreme cold in degrees ( am I right in saying this?? Don’t know 😊   If the darkness is an object like chairs and table then it has to be observable / noticeable even in the pitch dark by the  cats & owls is it not??  If the darkness is bhAva rUpa or an existing real entity then it cannot be completely destroyed (vinAsha) by any amount of light because there is lord’s saying : nAbhAvO vidyate sataH..

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar