[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 00:17:32 EDT 2019

Namaste

A zero watt light cannot destroy darkness in a big room. It is  like
medicine. If doctor has said take 2 tablets for sickness and you take only
1/2 tablet. The sickness will not be cured.

Light of sufficient wattage must be present to destroy darkness completely.
This is also showing Darkness is Bhava Rupa. If it is strictly Absence of
Light even a zero watt bulb should have destroyed darkness in a big room.
But we know it will not.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> And interestingly it is more of a question of Physics than of Philosophy.
> Here is a claim that darkness is an object like table and chair and yet it
> is not made of fluctuations of quantum fields or the modifications thereof
> viz quarks and electrons but which comes into existence the moment you put
> off the light. And it comes forth directly from Mula-karana like lightning
> from clouds. झटिति.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> The Big big terminologies in science always scare me 😊  What exactly is
> the definition of ‘darkness’ as per science ??  is it not absence of
> light?? Like temperature measured even in extreme cold in degrees ( am I
> right in saying this?? Don’t know 😊   If the darkness is an object like
> chairs and table then it has to be observable / noticeable even in the
> pitch dark by the  cats & owls is it not??  If the darkness is bhAva rUpa
> or an existing real entity then it cannot be completely destroyed (vinAsha)
> by any amount of light because there is lord’s saying : nAbhAvO vidyate
> sataH..
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh