[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 19 20:41:32 EDT 2019

we can always take a few constructive tidbits of
witticisms and nice words from even half-baked gurus. But no question of
"surrendering" one's 'tan-man-dhan' to such wannabe gurus.

Sir,         I agree with this view upto some extent, But if you think in the other way, bye knowing fully about  witticisms and cheating personalities of the some of the Wannable Pre-matured Guru Dom personalities, If you surrender for the 'Guru Principle' (not for his cheating personality or physical Human form) for the time being with faith towards guru mandala, we are not going loose anything eternally, off course these type of beggers may take the material benefits (including money, karmic relations), We can remain still the same what ever we are and we can stand there where we started our journey.
These Begger Pre-matured Guru-dom personalities (i may be harsh in using these words, but present scenarios are like this to follow this approach only to call them as wrong numbers) , yours words are appopriate as Half-baked can'T progress in their sadhana and will going to fall in deeps wells for their un-ethical attitude of taking their karmic bonded people ahead of time against the interest of the Disciples interests. Apart from this , I have some bitter examples which I can't put it here, some of the crucked idiots in the name of the spiritualism by making the the mockery of the vidya's what ever they know are wasting & sucking the blood of the several youngsters who are in search of Advatic-Vedantic knowledge towards reaching Brahmman. We need to put a full stop for these type of activities and time has come to show them their place of stand and make them accountable for all of their activities.
But the unfortunate thing is that many followers will be in denial about
their gurus' misdemeanours even when confronted with facts. They will
continue to believe in alternative facts.

If facts (evidences) will let us know his mindemeanours acts, as you said, Ideal disciple continue to believe in alternative facts (bypassed approaches) and for them their foundation store is strong FAITH & BELIEF IN GURU Principle.
 It requires enormous divine grace to discover Advaita and the impersonal teaching tradition or paramparA where the nondual knowledge that arises is independent of the personality of the guru.
My self is the Best example for this, Divine grace is always with the followers of the Guru Principle /Guru Mandala, I can assure you that Divine stands with the Disiciple's who works selflessly in reaching the Brahmman & reaching the parampara. As you said correctly, NON-DUALITY automatically arises in the disciples independent of the personalities of the guru.
I am happy to read  &  understand your nice critics about these pitfalls and at least people are coming ahead now to put their views/words openly rather than keeping silence. Although silence is best at most of times, But time has come no more silence is required and we need to work it out to put a full STOP about these pitfalls and save our Traditions/cultures/beliefs and say Tata Good Bye to these pre-matured Guru syndrome Holders for which I dedicate my life time in uplifting our deep rooted guru parampara tradition and May I request you to join in my mission toward reaching the Guru Mandala in ahead of time.
Please contribute your views.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mast
Kameswara

 Yes Andrew Cohen is a classic example of the pitfall of pre-mature
guru-dom.

http://americanguru.net/

It's far cry from the vedAntic idea of
shrotriya and brahma-niShTha alone being well-equipped to be a guru in the
complete sense.

As for the rest, we can always take a few constructive tidbits of
witticisms and nice words from even half-baked gurus. But no question of
"surrendering" one's 'tan-man-dhan' to such wannabe gurus.

But the unfortunate thing is that many followers will be in denial about
their gurus' misdemeanours even when confronted with facts. They will
continue to believe in alternative facts. It requires enormous divine grace