[Advaita-l] GURU Principle

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 22 22:53:21 EDT 2019

I strongly condemn in taking the name of
the guru, sampraday in public forums for the advertizement sake.

For what its worth Swami Shivananda was quite proud of being a descendent  of Shri Appayya Dikshita and mentions this repeatedly in his writings.The problem is more the kind of person who will e.g. do "Je-Je" to the murti of Shankaracharya on a day like this or to some other Guru and boast about him with flowery words but not internalize his teachings and put
them into practice in his own life.
Dear Sir,              In the past, I have made a statement that about the taking name of the Guru publicly which was pointed out nicely by Sh. Jaldhar Vyas, since I felt like that to talk like that with my experience which is not applicable to all. I have seen many people who have fallen by only doing this. Here are my examples which I saw to pitfall in this syndromes.
I have studied my intermediate & Graduation in the same college of for 5 yrs which is the foundation stone for my advaita urge towards reaching brahmman and learnt many things about life aspects in that period. There used to be a extraordinary vedic pandit(still he exists) who is the veda-pariksha -adhikari in that place. By virtue of his lineage, he is also a sri-vidyopasaka and he has two beautiful sons who just look like  milky aswini kumara's and gained all the knowledge from their father (inherited by birth) below the age of 10 yrs. These two boys used to come to local chandaramouliswara temple and mesmerise all the people there with their melodic vedic chantings (Rigved/yajurved). There used to be one extraordinary intelligent disciple at this vedic pandit and taken sri-vidya purnadiksha (no vedic knowledge). This so called intelligent Disciple always used to talk that this was told by my guru ......and used to prostate him for all purposes (although there is no purpose exists) and wants to compair everything with the two sons of that vedic pandit. Since by virtue of time & the by the grace of that vedic pandit, he often used to mention to everybody that he is senior and will be the authoritative on behalf of his guru.  He used to all nonsense & performed many vulnerable acts due to his seniority syndrome. Due to this attitude of that disciple, the vedic pandit lost his second sone (don't know the reason for the death, but everyone there proclaims that this disciple is responsible for that)
The point I would like to make from this story was out of the two sons of the vedic pandits, elder one was his brother (karmic relation) & the second one was his heart (as he came from his fathers mind), it seems, the vedic pandit is still living at the age of above 75 along with his elders at that place with the grief of their loss of second son. Still the vedic pandit accepts this arrogant disciple as his disciple (thinking that he is his second son, forgetting the senoirty issue).
The one who strives and struggles to understand and assimilate each word does not fall in that category and has every right to proclaim public pride in his intellectual heritage

Yes Vyas Mahaseya,                                I fully agree with you here that the one who wants to assimilate each word has always have a right to proclaim the pride of his intellectual heritage just like the shankaracahrya parampara goes from several years, but not the so called disciple's attitude in the story which I mentioned.ultimately, who can go in between the Guru-shishya relationship , as I feel that Guru-Sishya are same although physical bodies are different, as the guru transmits his power to the disciple and he exists in him, and the sishya with that seeding power raised to that guru's knowledge and merges with him which can only be possible in this karmic land bharat.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara