[Advaita-l] Only a Vedantin can express these words of wisdom

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:00:08 EST 2020

Sri Gurubyo Namaha!
This is so true.  From my recent experience, you will see how true is this.
Dec 18, 2019 - I was walking down the streets of Sydney and I was stopped
by few evangalists of JW. ORG (Jehovah Witness).
He will now let go and following conversation ensued:
I:  What is the speciality of your JW that is different from other
Christian denominations?
JW:  We don't believe in Trinity and that there is only ONE GOD - Quotes
from Biblical verses of Mathew ----.  Furthermore , God does not permist
worshipping any name and form.
I:  Did Jesus said this?
JW:  Yes and recorded by Mathew.
I: Did Jesus spoke exactly these words?
JW: Yes
I:  But Jesus did not speak English right?
JW: Yes
I: English is an Anglo-Saxon language developed around  mid 1450 AD, there
could be mis-interpretation?
JW: No, These were properly interpreted.
I: So, what language did Jesus spoke you know?
JW: Hebrew
I: No, He spoke Aramaic
JW (Bigger Boss standing there):  Yes, you ar right
I:  In Aramaic, there is no word called "GOD"
JW: Is it?
I: Yes, GOD is a word derived from German and Celtic.  Original word for
GOD in Aramaic is " ELAHA or ALAHA", which in Arabic became " ALLAH". Would
you then change the word of GOD to ALAHA completely in the text of BIBLE.
Because, that is the closest word that JESUS has declared?
JW: No, this is blasphemy, Are you a Muslim?
I; No, a Vaidika or Hindu in your term.  We are fine to translate our
ISVARA, BHAGAVAN to GOD, LORD to any language including ALLAH in Arabic
JW;  You are a SINNER and GO AWAY

This is how the Abrahamic religion is so stuck with name with completely
mis-interpreted TEXTS as authority or SOURCE

Harih Om
Babu

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 5:17 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <