[Advaita-l] Only a Vedantin can express these words of wisdom

Anand N anand.natampalli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 05:30:57 EST 2020

Namaste,

I think it is not possible to say categorically that Dvaitins were
essentially non-violent.
There is for example the case of Bhagavan Sri Ramanuja fleeing from
Srirangam to Melkote to
avoid persecution by the Shaivaite Chola King.
His own Guru Mahapurna, and his student Kurseha were severely punished by
the king and had their eyes gogged out.
There had also been multiple attempts to poison Sri Ramanujacharya because
he tried to reform temple practices in Srirangam.

Om Namo Narayanaya,
Anand

On Sat, 11 Jan 2020 at 09:47, Dev Babu via Advaita-l <