[Advaita-l] Definition of 'moha'

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 03:52:26 EST 2020

Namaste
A friend compiled the following senses of the word 'moha' based on Swami
Paramarthanandaji's talks.

'1. Expecting physical immortality.

2. Entertaining a hope that - one day, I will be happy forever ( _Nitya
sukham_) with external objects / experiences /persons ( _anatma vastu_).

3. Entertaining a hope that - one day, I will be secure forever ( _Nitya
abhayam_) in the presence of / owning some _anatma vastu_.'

Is there any reference from sanskrit for the above? I don't seem to
recollect it.

Also, does not the word moha also cover the sense of either
shobhanaadhyaasa or Raaga w.r.t to a person or relationship, as in the
cases of putra-moha or strii-moha etc.

Om
Raghav