[Advaita-l] Definition of 'moha'

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 10:02:25 EST 2020

Raghav - PraNAms
moha is one of the six enemies. kaama krodha, lobha, moha, mada, mascharya are supposed to be the six enemies of the mind that hijack the mind from equilibrium. Kamaa leads to krodha etc as Geeta sloka dhyaayato vishayaan pumsaH .. indicates.Krishna equates kaama and krodha essentially one- in the sloka -kaama esha kesha - rajo guna samudbhavaH where first two words are used but in the next line He uses a singular verb indicating both are the same. moha is translated as delusion.The perception of plurality is an illusion. Taking the plurality as reality is a delusion. Since moha involves taking the plurality as reality, attachments to BMI and to the sense objects takes place and what Swamiji summarized as samsara results.
My 2c
Hari Om!Sadananda