[Advaita-l] Mantra from Kathopanishad

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 24 04:46:42 EDT 2020

 Dear Sri Shriniva Gadakari,
You  write :"When likes of Vishnu and Shiva are engaged in sAdhanA that spans yuga-s to understand
and perfect atma jnAna".Is  it  a  fact?  How  do you  know  it?

Please permit me to draw your kind attention to the
following commentary of Sr i shankara  to  shloka 50  of 18th chapter- Bhagavadgita.It reads thus :
avidyAkalpitanAmarUpaviSEShAkArApahRutabuddhInAm
atyantaprasiddhaM  suvijnEyam   asannataram,   AtmaBUtamapi, aprasiddhaM  durvijnEyam  atidUram,  anyadiva  ca
pratiBAti   avivEkinAm |bAhyAkAranivRuttabuddhInAM   tu
labdhagurvAtmaprasAdAnAm  nAtaH  paraM  suKaM
 suprasiddhaM   suvijnEyam   svAsannataram   asti ||
I followed only the pointers pointed by Sruti and
as  explained by Sri Shankara  only  to cognize one'strue nature and what  I have found within myself
 I have stated  in  my  posting.
You can draw  your own right conclusionsin the light of the  above teaching  of  Sri  Shankara.

With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy