[Advaita-l] Shankaracharya in purana

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:08:07 EDT 2020

Sorry I'll present the quotes.
Garuda purana

maNimAnnAma daityastu shaN^karAkhyo bhaviShyati |

sarveShAM saN^karaM yastu kariShyati na saMshayaH || 3:16:70

tena shaN^karanAmA.asau bhaviShyati khageshvara |

dharmAn.h bhAgavatAn.h sarvAn.h vinashyati sarvathA || 3:16:71

A Demon by name maNimAn will come into being as Shankara, who will, no
doubt, pollute everything. This is why, O King of birds (Garuda), his name
will be Shankara; he will pollute and destroy all BhAgavata Dharmas.

vAyu purANa :-

janayiShyathi Kala: kaScinmaNimAn vidhDhipaarvathi |

praviSya thathra dhEvESa pracCannam boudhDhamEvahi ||

( Rudradeva saying to ParvathiDevi-When Demon by name Maniman will take
birth on earth in Kaliyuga, By entering in him, I will preach Advaith
Shasthra which is another form of Boudha Shsthra).

*skamdha purANa* :-

kAladi grAmake rudhrAvESAjjayathi mOhayan |

boudhDhaSAsthra parO viprO ya:kaSciththasya SiShyaka: ||

sasamkaraSca sanyasya thasmAthsanyAsarUpiNa : ||

vEdhAmthaSAsthramithyEthath dhuShtaSAsthram cakArayath ||

( In a Village which will be called as *Kaaladi*, Demon will take birth
with Rudravesha and will be a Disciple of follower of Boudha Shastra and in
disguise of a *Sanyasi* (Yathi) will preach *Bouddha* Dharma (Dushta
Shasthra) by *misleadingly* saying that he will teach *Vedanta* Shasthra.

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020, 19:07 श्रीमल्ललितालालितः via Advaita-l, <