[Advaita-l] Was Shankaracharya a Vaishnava??

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:34:51 EDT 2020

Namaste Pradyumna
No, Sri Adi SankarAcaryA was not a Vaishnavite or Shaivite, but a Pure
Advaitin.
He is also called "shanmatha-sthApanAcArya ", where in for UpsAna one can
follow can any of the 6 main NAma-RupA of Isvara.

But, He continued from His Guru's sampradAyA which had taken SivA as the
main deity of Worship in all His 4 Peetams.  Thus He has provided them each
with One ChandraMouleeswara Lingam, to which they offer their daily puja.
Even that they do for Loka Sangraham and maintain the sampradAya.

Harih Om
Babu

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 4:30 AM P R via Advaita-l <