[Advaita-l] Brahma's son incarnates as Shiva's son - Sanatkumara-Skanda

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat May 2 14:35:28 EDT 2020

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 11:26 PM venkata raman via Advaita-l <

> Arunachalam
> Namaskaram
>  Appears like what is being looked for:
>
> https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/11298/what-scriptures-describe-brahmas-son-sanatkumara-being-reborn-as-shivas-son-ka
>
> Arunachalam
> <https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/posts/11353/timeline>
>
> The 37th Chapter of the Mahatmya Kanda of the Tripura Rahasya details the
> story of Sanatkumara incarnating as Kartikeya.

Many thanks Sri Venkata Raman for sharing this story from the very text the
scholar mentioned.  Today, while listening to another discourse of this
very scholar, I was pleasantly surprised to hear this very story related by
him and what is more, he even cited the Shankara Bhashya passage I had
shared in my post.  Here is that very interesting discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyOd4EESu8g

ஆழ்வார் நாயன்மார் சந்திப்பு - Dr Venkatesh
He cites Shankara's stotras, incidents, etc.

regards
subbu