[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26 (V Subrahmanian)

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat May 2 23:08:19 EDT 2020

Hari Om Chandramauli ji,

Any appearance comes due to something. Some disturbance. Some activity. Air
in desert is heated leading to it becoming less dense and consequent
different refractive index, leading to appearance of mirage. Snake appears
due to some laws of Physics caused by dim light reflecting from rope coming
to our eyes in a certain manner. Something is happening. If there is a
singular infinite entity, which is nishkriya, no appearance can take place.

In this backdrop, if a singular infinite nishkriya Brahman is postulated,
then even appearance of avidya is contradictory. How can avidya come about?
I am not really asking to know the how of coming about of avidya. I am
saying that it is impossible for it (ke even it's appearance) to be there
in case of singular infinite nishkriya entity.

Regards,
Sudhanshu.

On Sat 2 May, 2020, 19:01 H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l, <