[Advaita-l] A replica of Adhyasa Bhashya in the Gita Bhashya13.26 (V Subrahmanian)

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 01:39:26 EDT 2020

On Sun, 3 May, 2020, 8:46 AM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l, <

> Hari Om Chandramauli ji,
>
> Any appearance comes due to something. Some disturbance. Some activity. Air
> in desert is heated leading to it becoming less dense and consequent
> different refractive index, leading to appearance of mirage. Snake appears
> due to some laws of Physics caused by dim light reflecting from rope coming
> to our eyes in a certain manner. Something is happening. If there is a
> singular infinite entity, which is nishkriya, no appearance can take place.
>
> In this backdrop, if a singular infinite nishkriya Brahman is postulated,
> then even appearance of avidya is contradictory.

How can avidya come about?
> I am not really asking to know the how of coming about of avidya. I am
> saying that it is impossible for it (ke even it's appearance) to be there
> in case of singular infinite nishkriya entity.

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji
I remember your earlier post along similar lines some months back. In order
to understand what you are saying, more clearly - Would you say that even
the *appearance of objects* like trees, rocks etc., should be impossible in
case of singular infinite nishkriya entity?

Om
Raghav