[Advaita-l] Fw: Cosmic Ego

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 12:43:21 EDT 2020

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Sudhakar Kabra <sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com>
To: H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 10:11:25 PM GMT+5:30Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Cosmic Ego
  Namaste Chandramouliji,

Hiranyagarbha is the cosmic sukshma sharira (subtle body) which contains manas, buddhi, chitta and ahankara (ego)

Indivdually ego is a product of ignorance (avidya) and is the main objection for self realization. If cosmic ego exists then what could be its function? Surely it cannot be a function of ignorance but can it be explained with some example to understand.

If my line of thinking is wrong then what should be the correct approach to understand.I will look up the reference given to get some hint.

Thanks and regards
Sudhakar Kabra