[Advaita-l] Fw: Cosmic Ego

Sri B sriadvaitam at gmail.com
Wed May 20 19:06:48 EDT 2020

Namaskar,
I way I interpret this: Ahankar operates at an individual level and Maya is its equivalent operating at a cosmic level. Both has the power of - Avarna (veiling) and Vikshepa (projection) - which ensures Ignorance of Atma for an Individual and the Brahman of the cosmic. One can even argue that mind is the tool of Maya, through which it creates this illusion of ahankar. The pramana is the three states - waking, dreaming and the deep sleep. In deep sleep, as we know, absence of mind leads to absence of ahankar and equally absence of Maya, as an Individual is unaware of space & time. Space and time are aspects of Maya.