[Advaita-l] Mandukya UP - Praviviktabhuk definition

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 06:04:06 EDT 2020

Namaste Praveen Ji,

You had earlier observed

<< Finally, it means one who
experiences that which is different/separate. From what? From sthUla in the
prior mantra; ergo, sUkShma >>,

I am stating my understanding in same language as follows

<< Finally, it means one who experiences that which is different/separate.
From what? From experience of sthUla in the waking state to experience of
the impressions of the same retained in the mind >>.

That emphasizes the distinction between being just sUkshma, and vAsanAs
which are no doubt sUkshma but of a specific nature. Notice that both the
BhAshya and the TIka mention vAsanA, and not just sUkshma.

Not sure if you agree with this though.
Regards

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:07 PM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <