[Advaita-l] Paramatma Antaratma

Bhaskara v Advaith sunshines.bhaskara at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:47:08 EDT 2020

Namaste,

Not sure about Krishnanda’s commentary. But when referring to 3rd Sholaka
of Mandukya it should be understood from the basis of 2nd Sholaka
which is “sarvaṁ
hy etad brahma, ayam ātmā brahma, so’yam ātmā catuṣ-pāt ” means everything
is Brahman, this Atma is also Brahma, and this Brahma has four quarters.
Here when referring to ‘quarters’ Shankarabgavadpada explains in his
bhashya as “chatuspath karshapanavath na gowrivath” meaning the word
“quarters” should not be referred to the meaning as four legs of the cow
but it should be referred to as 0.25 of a rupee. When a single rupee is
considered it has 0.25 rupee also and 0.25 rupee is nothing but with in a
rupee and 0.25 rupee can’t be considered as separate from single rupee.

With this in mind the 3rd sholaka of Mandukya is just referring to
characteristics of 0.25 rupee (symbolically) and hence there is no concept
of duality.

ಭಾನು, ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂ 27, 2020 ರಂದು 12:10 ಪೂರ್ವಾಹ್ನ ಸಮಯಕ್ಕೆ ರಂದು smallpress via
Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> ಅವರು ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ: