[Advaita-l] Advaitabodhadipika

jaldhar at braincells.com jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Apr 9 01:29:08 EDT 2021

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, V Subrahmanian wrote:

> I scanned through all the pages and found there is no original Sanskrit text
> in this book; it is completely a translation to Tamil.  At the end of the
> book a list of texts cited therein is given:
>
> This includes the Veda, 'asango hyayam purushah', Vyasa Sutra, VasiShTha
> (Yoga Vasishtha), Vivekachudamani, Smriti, Maitrayani shakha, Gita,
> Pandhadashi, Purana, Ramayana and Sutasamhita.

Thankyou to all those who replied to me.  The reason I asked is because
the widely available English translation published by Ramanashrama claims
to be based off a Sanskrit translation of the original Tamil work.  I
received a query from a person who was looking for this Sanskrit version
and was unable to find it.  I have also been unable to find it.  I suspect
there never was a Sanskrit version, the English is translated directly
from Tamil.