[Advaita-l] (no subject)

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:09:37 EST 2021

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 5:29 PM H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is never any doubt regarding the satyatva of kArya. The conviction
> is firm and total. There is neither any increase nor any decrease in the
> conviction.

Not true. vAsanAs growing, the conviction becomes firmer. One need not use
buddhi to have such buddhi. It's a notion, unknowingly happening. That is
why it is called avidyA-granthi. It becomes stronger with more and more
karma.

> So how does the question of cyclical nature arise? It could be considered
> linear. Yes. That is  a reasoning. But cyclical? No I think.
>
>> Well, whatever helps you. I like to see the triad mentioned as cyclical,
due to the above reasoning. The discussion on this aspect is meaningless as
I can raise a object on its linear nature by asking why kAma and karma recur
!

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */