[Advaita-l] Omniscient Lord and free will.

Vishesh Bhat visheshlives at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 04:05:09 EDT 2021

Namaste,

I apologise if it looks like I am hijacking this thread to clear my own
confusion. I will make a separate thread otherwise. But  had to ask. If
IshwarA is merely "the witness", then what is the purpose of Bhakti to
"Saguna Brahman"? There are also numerous stories in the Ramayana and
Mahabharata which talk of "karma" being dissolved due to the grace of
"IshvarA". How does one interpret these in the light of advaita?? Finally,
how does one understand Jyotishya which talks of karma phala being
distributed in a given life and also methods to get rid of undesired  karma
phala by means of japa and homa?

With humble pranams,
Vishesh Bhat.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 at 12:39, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <