[Advaita-l] On Ramana

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:24:33 EDT 2021

Namaste
For what it is worth, I have personally benefitted from Sri Ramana
Maharishi's observations and have found no discrepancy between the ultimate
object of his teaching and that of Shankara Bhagavatpada / the upaniShad-s.

There are certainly many asampradAy-ic subschools, for the want of a better
word, that have formed around Sri Ramana Maharishi which are clearly
non-advaita despite proclaiming to be otherwise (ie claiming to be advaita).

His presentation and emphasis are also slightly different to traditional
advaita, but his observations on the nature of reality are unquestionably
advaita.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021, 06:40 Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l, <