[Advaita-l] Your comments on this please

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:43:41 EDT 2021

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 7:05 PM Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
>
> ಶ್ರೀ ಶಂಕರ ಭಗವತ್ಪಾದರನ್ನು ನಾವು ನಿಜವಾಗಿಯೂ ಸ್ಮರಣೆ ಮಾಡಬೇಕೆಂದರೆ ಅವರು ಬರೆದಿರುವ
> ಭಾಷ್ಯಗಳ ಪಾರಾಯಣ ಮಾಡುವ ಮೂಲಕವೇ ಹೊರತು ಅವರ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಬರೆದಿರುವ ಕಲ್ಪಿತವಾದ ಶಂಕರ
> ದಿಗ್ವಿಜಯ ಗ್ರಂಥಗಳನ್ನು ಪಾರಾಯಣ ಮಾಡುವ ಮೂಲಕವಲ್ಲ.
>
> ಎಲ್ಲರೂ ತಪ್ಪದೆ ಕೇಳಿ
>
> ವೇ.ಬ್ರ.ಶ್ರೀ ಸುದರ್ಶನ ಶರ್ಮಾ
>
> In English - Remember Adi Sankara by reading his Bhashyas but not by
> reading imaginary stories like Sankara Dig Vijaya. Message from Vidwan Ve
> Br Sudarshana Sharma Holenarsipur

This is not surprising, coming from a source which has held this view.  Sri
Sacchidanandendra Saraswati Swaminah, in his extensively researched work
'Shankara vruttaanta saara sarvasva' which thoroughly surveys some twenty
odd Shankara Vijaya-s, has also stated here and there that many of the
events reported in the various popular and other Shankara Vijayas portray
the Acharya in poor light and also have become the object of ridicule
offering fodder to the opponent school to castigate our Acharya. His
opinion is what the above scholar conveys in that 5-day talk on Shankara
Darshana Saara.

regards
subbu