[Advaita-l] How can Brahman/consciousness be all pervading including living and non living things?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:03:57 EST 2021

Namaste,
"But what I am stressing and not understanding is what exactly is Nirguna
Brahman ? It can't be Consiouness because to be Consiouness it has to have
a form to experience."

nirguNa Brahman, by its very definition is not something that is
experienceable - अन्यदेव तद्विदितात् अथो अविदितादधि  - it is neither the
known, nor the unknown, because it can never be the object. Rather, it is
the subject of every cognition - the cognitions may vary, but the subject
does not - व्यावृत्तासु अनुवर्तमानम् अहमिति अन्त:स्फुरन्तं सदा - that
unvarying subject, which is never experienced, but without which no
experience is possible, is Brahman.

"If you define as existance,then all objects are temporary."
Objects can be temporary - the clay becomes the pot, which breaks into
pot-shards, then gets crushed as powder, then gets wet by rain etc.
However, in each of the varying names and forms clay, pot, pot-shards,
powder, wet mud etc, there is one unvarying thing that remains even when
the objects are being born, sustained and destroyed - existence, which
manifests itself as "existence of X". That existence is Brahman.

"How can everything rocks stones ornaments all be prevaded by impersonal
Brahman??"
The last question has been addressed already in the previous email.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

>>> Meditations??