[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:37:32 EDT 2021

My understanding is as follows. Kindly correct Chandramouli ji.

There is a दण्डायमान श्रोत्र वृत्ति which spans from our body till vishay
desha. Riding on that the antahkaran forms antahkaran vritti from our body
till vishay desha. There owing to samyoga of shrotra and vishaya, mind
forms vsihayAkAra vritti.

Now once this दण्डायमान श्रोत्र वृत्ति is formed and mind and shrotra are
already there at vishaya desha, how will again it need to go there. If due
to change in frequency, it is argued that new vishaya has come about
needing new vritti, then let us keep the frequency same and switch off the
source after 5 minutes.

Considering that vishaya is same, vritti remains same. Mind+shrota of both
a and b are in vishaya desha. Yet, at 10.05.01, a has no auditory
perception but b will continue to have perception till 10.05.10.

It cannot be argued that every moment new vritti is created.

Regards