[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon May 10 07:10:32 EDT 2021

I think my question is misunderstood. The two sounds being the same is
different from saying that the viShaya is the same. If I say "Sudhanshuji"
twice, they are two different viShayas heard by you. Or if I say "ghaTaH"
twice, they are two different padas (shabda viShayas) heard by the
shrotrendrIya twice, while the padArtha is the same ghaTa seen by the
chakShurindrIya. In that sense, you can't claim that the viShaya is the
same in the case of shabda as it is in the case of rUpa.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */