[Advaita-l] [advaitin] 'Dvaita accepts body-adhyasa'

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar72 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 07:48:44 EDT 2021

Namaste SubbujiThe wrong identification (sthUla deha adhyAsa) with the physical body is accepted by the dvaitins. Yet, as you indicated, Shankara goes a step further to boldly assert that even the mind (and sUxma sharIra)  with its pramANa prameya vyavahAra is also an adhyAsa. That is bold and mind boggling. And only Advaita Vedanta asserts that. The dvaitins as I understand, assert the permanence of the subtle body and by implication the mind in some firm or the other to enable enjoyment of viShNu sAyujya etc in Vaikuntha.
Negating the mind itself as mithyA, in Advaita, leaves Pure Consciousness which is outside the stream of time and space, as the only Reality.
The earlier experienced objects become relegated to a lower order of Reality.
OmRaghav

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android