[Advaita-l] [advaitin] 'Dvaita accepts body-adhyasa'

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 02:55:02 EDT 2021

Namaste Vinodh ji
They are not examples, rather they are pramANa-s.

The former is from bRhadAraNyaka shruti (4.4.19)

मनसैवानुद्रष्टव्यं  नेह नानास्ति किञ्चन ।
मृत्योः स मृत्युमाप्नोति य इह नानेव पश्यति ॥

It is revealing that there is no multiplicity here whatsoever. There are
many such statements throughout the shruti.

The latter is anumAna pramANa - vimatam, the object about which there is
difference of opinion, is mithyA, because it is dRshya, cognisable /
knowable. The drShTAnta or example for the anumAna is the shell silver.

Through the use of such pramANa-s, the mithyAtva of the world is proven.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan