[Advaita-l] [advaitin] 'Dvaita accepts body-adhyasa'

Vinodh vinodh.iitm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 03:22:35 EDT 2021

Thank you for the additional clarification, Venkatraghavan ji.

I had of course meant examples of pramanas for establishing
jagat-mithyatva. The reason for using the word “examples” was to indicate
that there are several equivalent sruti pramanas (as you also mention) and
anumana pramanas for establishing mithyatva. Therefore, in this sense, I
meant to say that you have specified one example of a sruti pramana and one
example of an anumana pramana.

I was trying to understand if there was any fundamental difference between
the sruti and anumana pramanas for jagat-mithyatva that I had mentioned
earlier in this thread and that ones you mention. It appears that they are
essentially equivalent. Both sruti pramanas establish jagat-mithyatva by
explicitly rejecting multiplicity. Both anumana pramanas establish
jagat-mithyatva by observing that what appears to change (or equivalently
what is non-existent in the beginning and the end but seems to exist in the
middle) is mithya.

Namaskaram 🙏