[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Yet another Mahavakya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

Vinodh vinodh.iitm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:17:35 EDT 2021

Thank you very much for your detailed response, Sri Venkatraghvan ji. So it
is Shankaracharya himself who uses the word "mahavakya" with the meaning of
identity of jiva and Brahman in Vivekachudamani. ЁЯЩП

In your response to Sri Raghav ji, you say "My contention is that both
manana and nididhyAsana are puruShatantra only - in the sense that both
require puruSha prayatna.". Would you also agree that mahavakya shravana
also falls under the same category of manana and nididhyasana? Or do you
see it differently? If you do not see any difference, why do you attribute
aparoskha jnana only to mahavakya pramana with the other two being
supporting causes? If you do see it differently, how do you explain the
difference given that shravana also requires an action from the purusha
just like the other two do?

Namaskaram ЁЯЩП