[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Yet another Mahavakya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:36:09 EDT 2021

Namaste Anand ji,

That is a wonderful quote, not sure where it occurs! Yes it is possible for
one to recollect what one heard in shravaNam and that recollection leads to
the cognition of Brahman, provided the obstacles that prevented the rise of
brahmajnAna in the past have subsequently been overcome in the intervening
period. We do hear stories of Mahatmas who ostensibly attain brahmajnAna
without any shAstra abhyAsa in the present birth, simply on account of some
samskAra triggering the recollection of the mahAvAkya which leads to jnAna
the present.

However, moksha is not an event that occurs due to jnAna though, it is ones
nature. The vRtti simply removes the veil that obscures it.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Sun, 24 Oct 2021, 22:25 Anand N via Advaita-l, <