[Advaita-l] Fwd: [advaitin] Yet another Mahavakya in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 08:48:09 EDT 2021

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm H S Chandramouli, <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste.
>
> In my previous post please make the following correction.
>
> For      << On expiation of the prarabdha karma.., jnAna automatically
> rises without any other act, whether sadhana or recollection  >>.
>
> Read     << On expiation of the prarabdha karma, jnAna which had already
> risen earlier manifests without any further act, whether sAdhana or
> recollection >>

This position is not very sound. Jnana is a vritti. If it arises it will be
definitely known by the sadhaka. And that would mean that is his last
birth. Unless his is a case of aadhikarika purusha, he will not be born
again. But here we have Vamadeva already in the womb. That means the avidya
nivartaka jnanam had not arisen before. And it arose only now in the womb
as is clear from his declaring his sarvatmatva like ahamannam..of the
Taittiriya.

regards
subbu

This clarifies my understanding.